Ed's paintings are a celebration of wildlife in all forms. With a palette filled with the colors in nature, Ed paints his love and respect for the co-inhabitants of our world. With his great patience and extraordinary talent, his inner vision becomes a reality.
Working in watercolor, oil and acrylic, Ed has the luxury of using whichever of these mediums best captures the essence of his current composition. Painting subjects from all around the world like the majestic animals of Africa or the delicate birds we see all around us are sure to be featured in one of Ed's paintings.
Ed enjoys working in nature with his camera in hand. He looks for the right angles with proper lighting to capture his subject matter. Then once he has captured several reference shots he pulls them all together to begin his next creation.
Past Exhibits & Honors:
- America’s Parks Through the Beauty of Art - 2013
- Paint the Parks 6th Annual Exhibition - 2012
- Society of Animal Artist 52nd Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition - 2012
- Art of the Animal Kingdom – Bennington Center for the Arts (VT) 2012
- Charlie Awards Winner 2011 – Best Illustration – Association (Bronze and Silver)
- Associate Member – Society of Animal Artists (May 2011)
- Associate Member – Oil Painters of America (June 2011)
- Art of the Animal Kingdom – Bennington Center for the Arts (VT) 2011
- Florida Wildlife Magazine – Cover July/August 2010
- Art of the Animal Kingdom – Bennington Center for the Arts (VT) 2010
- Paint the Parks Top 100 and Mini Top 50
- Paint America Top 100 and Mini Top 50
- Southeastern Wildlife Exposition 2008
- Richard James Galleries – Annual Miniature Show
- Von Liebig Art Center Founders Juried Exhibition
- National Parks Academy of the Arts – Arts for the Parks Top 100
- National Exhibition of Contemporary American Painting
- Boca Raton Museum of Art - ADA World Exhibition
- Federal Duck Stamp Competition
- Western Waterfowl Exhibition at the San Bernardino Museum
- Florida Duck Stamp Competition
Ed was born in 1952 and currently resides in Bonita Springs, FL.